Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday's Bible Study

Well, after getting up too late to read my Bible this morning I read my Streams in the Desert devotional which talked about how God places a hedge around us and that he knows every time we are hurting, every cruel word that is said, every instance our feelings are hurt. And how the hedge can be painful, but in the pain our faith grows. We grow stronger by leaning on God who gets the glory for taking care of our hurts and needs. And even sometimes our wants. Then, I prayed for someone who asked me to pray for them yesterday and it dawned on me that they really needed to read today's devotion even though I am not sure how deep their faith is, it will help to read this devotion. Since I feel like God is leading me to give it to them I will.
When I got on my blog the verse was "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. - James 1:2-4" And as normal, God decided to reiterate the point by giving me more scripture that tells me to be patient!! And to rely on Him in the process that my faith may grow and that I will indeed grow closer to him. 
So, thank you God for giving me scripture to lean on but also to share with someone else in need. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I may not get around to letting you know how much they mean to me but they make my day!