Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Paper Covered ClipBoard

I have to give credit where credit is due. My dear husband did just about all of this project besides supply the idea which came from here. So, this is pretty easy.
What you need:
  • Clipboard
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Spray Adhesive
  • Exacto Knife
  • Magnetic Tape
Since I had all this laying around my house this project was FREE!!

Step 1: We covered the the table with a towel that we didn't want any more because the over-spray will ruin the towel. I put my cutting board under the towel for future use.

Step 2: Decide the layout and where you want your paper. It would be a lot easier to use a full sheet of scrapbook paper that messing with individual pieces.

Step 3: Spray the back of the paper and the clipboard with the spray adhesive. Follow the directions on the adhesive but basically wait a few minutes until they are tacky. 
Step 4: Place the paper on the clipboard. THIS IS THE STEP YOU DON'T WANT TO MESS UP! Place the paper exactly where it needs to be because it will not be moveable.

Step 5: Place all the paper on one side and smooth with a credit card or hard plastic card that you don't want anymore.  The sticky will get on the card. Then let the clipboard dry for a few minutes.

Step 6: Take the exacto knife and cut around the clipboard.

Step 7: On the side with the clipboard part, we placed the paper right up next to the bottom of the clip. Then we put two more pieces on the edges rather than trying to cut out for the clip. Then trim the edges.

Step 8: Enjoy your masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I may not get around to letting you know how much they mean to me but they make my day!