Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sewing Projects Completed

My husband and I decided to really do the Dave Ramsey Envelope System back in October. Wow, not easy at first but it has gotten a lot easier to do and has really helped us keep our money in check. So, after using those plain white envelopes for a couple months I decided I needed to make something nicer to carry the money or envelopes in. So, thanks to Google! Blogs search I found a few sites for inspiration. This is what I came up with:
 

 

I decided to make two zipper pouches. One for the envelopes that I carry with me all the time (Groceries, Gifts, etc) The other envelope stays in our safe at the house and we get in it when we need to.  This site was inspiration. This site has a wonderful tutorial for zippers! If you are scared of sewing zippers, check this out, make a little bag and be afraid no longer....YOU CAN MAKE IT!!

Ok, on to my next accomplishment: A Coupon Organizer! I was sick of having an organizer with 6 dividers. So, I was just about to buy one when I said....oh duh!! You can make one!!
 
 

This is what it looks like so that you can hang it on the shopping cart handle, or on the back of the child seat rest.
I have the measurements and template for the dividers if you are interested just let me know. I already have one commissioned for a friend that is going to use the coupon organizer design for her envelope system. It will be done in a blue and brown damask fabric...too cute!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa!


    Great job! What a great project. And yes, I am afraid of zippers - lol. I will have to check that site out!

    Thanks so much for linking up!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. It's such a great idea. I have a coupon organizer that I hate. HATE. This would be much better. I'm going to check out that tutorial and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative! I like this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I may not get around to letting you know how much they mean to me but they make my day!