Thursday, March 25, 2010

Barbecue Chicken!! Yummmmmy

So, I thought I would share with you my first attempt at baking chicken. See, I can bake/cook any dessert you throw my way but when it comes to meat, I'm chicken (no pun intended). So, I decided to step it up and show you it can be done and taste ohhh soooo goood! *Sigh* Why didn't I do this sooner?!

I started out with my favorite chicken from Harps/Price Cutter. It is their Smart Chicken...no solution! Anywhoo, it makes for very juicy chicken! MMMM!
In order to save myself some clean up I covered my pan with aluminum foil and after reading somewhere to put the chicken on a cookie cooling rack (to make skin crispy/not sit in the juice) I thought it was a good idea.
Next, I pulled the skin down on the chicken and put some Seasoning Salt on them to add some flavor. You could add whatever you like. Then I pulled the skins back up. They create a nice little jacket to keep the moisture in.

I then baked them at 350F for 45 minutes. I turned them over a little over halfway through. Then when the 45 minutes was up, I pulled them out, pulled the skins off and basted with KC Masterpiece (MMM)! Then put back in the oven for about 5 minutes or so.

I meant to take a "pretty plated" picture but we were starving hungry. I also cooked a baked potato while I was cooking the chicken. It wasn't quite done so I nuked it for about 3 minutes and it was good to go. Oh, if you like my Pot Grabber Thingy, I have a link to make one here. I need to sew another one...I have the material cut out and all but hate sewing with bias tape :(
So, if you try this out let me know :) Don't be chicken anymore, I'm not!

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments, I may not get around to letting you know how much they mean to me but they make my day!