Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Banana Milkshake

This is a recipe that I forgot about for a long time but one I grew up with. My mom used to make this for us. She never measured and I tried to today but it didn't work so well. Anyways, here it goes.

You need the following + a blender or immersion blender (that is how my mom made them-one cut at a time)
I used:
1/2 carton of french vanilla ice cream
3 bananas
maybe a cup of milk

I blended the ingredient in my blender. I added a little more milk that I should have because it was a little thin.
It made a total of 4 1/2 cups of milkshake. So, around four servings. I simply poured what I wanted and put the rest in a freezer ziploc and froze it for next time. I will just take it out and let it get a little softer and pour it in a cup by cutting the corner of the bag off.

Here is the final result....

and oh so yummy!

Variations: 

  • Use vanilla or plain yogurt instead of ice cream and leave out the milk, use frozen bananas (more like a smoothie)
  • Use a different fruit
  • Add in some peanut butter or better yet, Nutella
  • Use chocolate ice cream
  • Your own genius ideas... please share... I am in a milkshake funk lately!







1 comment:

  1. This sounds delish I'm going to have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I may not get around to letting you know how much they mean to me but they make my day!