Thursday, August 26, 2010

Baby Update: Week 20

Magnificent Baby Girl Update

How far along: 20 weeks
Best moment of the week: Feeling Baby M kick/stretch so often. Well, often enough that I can actually tell she is moving. Seeing her move during the ultrasound was great. 
Sleep: Well, after Monday being the first day of school and me wanting to go to sleep at 7:30 that night, I slept all night long. But I am still getting up 1-2 times to go to the bathroom. I want to sleep on my stomach sooo bad, but I am dealing with it. 
Movement: She is pretty still during the day other than a few times here and there. At night, when I am watching TV with the hubs, or laying down to go to sleep I feel her more. I think because I am concentrating on it more. I felt her stretch out for the first time this week. 
Craving: I HEART mint chocolate chip ice cream. This week I have really wanted Chili Cheese Fries but usually places like Sonic make me sick. So, I finally thought- MAKE YOUR OWN! I love my chili recipe and I have fries, sooo I will be making some TONIGHT!! YUMMY can't wait!!
What I'm looking forward to: I want to hold my sweet little girl and see who she looks like. See her smile, see her sleep. I can't wait to actually hold my little blessing in my arms!! 
Daddy's Thoughts: When I told him how much she was moving and the fact that she was as long as the bananas sitting on our counter, he said that was cool with a huge smile on his face. Now, Mr. M is not a man of much emotion. When I said something about him actually being interested in it, he admitted to showing "some" emotion. Which I think is very sweet. I know he can't wait for her to arrive so he can spoil her. He had fun picking out cute little outfits when we registered this weekend. It was fun to go with my sister and get her advice on what is really needed. 
But Daddy loves dresses like these. Where as my sister is all about zebra, cheetah, etc. So Daddy picked out the clothes :)

How your baby's growing:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against her torso and hard to measure, measurementsare taken from the top of his head to her bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, she's measured from head to toe.)

She's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I may not get around to letting you know how much they mean to me but they make my day!