Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Our First Home Part 3

If you missed Part 1 or Part 2 feel free to go back and check out all of the before pictures and our bathroom transformation!
The improvements we made to the exterior went in phases. Here it is the week we bought the place.


It is funny to look at this picture because I don't remember the stump or the tree because they were the first things Mr. M took care of.

Next we painted the house and Mr. M made some planters. We also hung up our porch swing. Oh along with a new front door, screen door and light.


Then, last summer we decided to work on our "curb appeal." Mr. M went to a local nursery and they came out and drew out the landscaping (for free)! Then we went and purchased the plants and Eric and his dad did all of the planting. Around the same time we also laid concrete in the garage and added the door to make it a garage rather than carport.


Here is a close up of the sidewalk.


We had a mold like the one below that we used to do the pathway.

This is what our house looks like after our landscaping has had a year to grow.


The poor box woods by the driveway have just about all died thanks to the neighborhood dogs. My mother-in-law suggested putting mini fire hydrants there instead. I wish I had thought to take the picture earlier so it would have been brighter but you get the idea. Have you noticed that I have two front doors? We have tried very hard to make the proper front door look that way. It enters the living room while the other door goes into my laundry and sewing room. We all know how those rooms tend look most days!

Before




After

It is amazing to me what Mr. M is capable of. For all the newbies, if you are wondering where the Mr. Magnificent comes in, you are seeing part of in this series but you can also check out my About page for the full story.
Linking here.

9 comments:

  1. Ive been looking at your blog and like what I see. I bet you dont miss that minty bathroom at all.

    I really like the way the walkway turned out. I always wanted to try that cement stone form.

    I host a party on Wednesdays that is a showcase for bloggers with less than 500 followers.... and I would like to invite you! (the linky is open now)

    xoxo BunnyJean @ BunnyJean's Decor and More!
    www.BunnyJeansDecorAndMore.blogspot.com

    I am # 141 in the Met Monday party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is ADORABLE!!! Fantastic job, congrats!

    Sue
    o

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really looks so good, all that hard work has paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that hard work has definitely paid off! The house is absolutely adorable and updated now. The landscaping is so inviting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Think of how much MORE you would have PAID for your home if it looked like that to begin with! ....Mr M is amazing and so are you! Thanks for sharing with us today :D

    Visiting from Bunny Jean's Linky Party (Bunny Hop)

    ~Suzanne in IL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to mention too "pssssst, I'm your newest follower" {ROTFL}

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You and your husband and family did one fantastic job!! Love the bathoom redo and you did a real transformation on the outside, you should be very proud!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome transformation. Love it. I had a dog problem. Well, not a dog problem but a dog walker problem. I did some online research. Sprinkle the area with moth balls. Dogs will not come near. It solved my problem. I have to replace them every 3 or 4 Months. Cats don't like it either.

    I hopped over from Bunny Hop Wed. I am a new follower. Come by to visit and enter my giveaway. It ends tonight.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for coming to the Bunny Hop party. I hopw to see next week, or sooner ;)

    xoxo BunnyJean @ BunnyJean's Decor and More!
    www.BunnyJeansDecorAndMore.blogspot.com

    Thought I became a follower last time... did it again :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I may not get around to letting you know how much they mean to me but they make my day!