Ok, so I was completely intimidated by making a boppy cover but I did it!! And this project even contains the first zipper I have ever sewn. Now the downside which turned out to be a good thing is that I sewed the zipper in backwards-as in the zipper pull is on the inside of the cover. I actually think I like it that way because the pull tab doesn't stick out.
There were a couple things that I did a little differently than the original directions. I sewed it together just using the straight stitch the first time and then I went back and did a different stitch that is like the stitches on the inside of a pair of jeans to reinforce my seam. I also clipped the inner circle seam to let it stretch easier as you put it around you.
So, not only is this my first zipper project it is also the first project I have used a pattern on in a long time. I am excited =)